Next Class

Class Complete

Have a Good Summer

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wednesday February 19, 2014 - Excel HW #1

Slavery to Travon - Lesson #1
Slave Narrative - Georgia Part I

You need to buy (Free) from Kindle (Amazon) or Nook (Barnes and Nobles). There are many books based on the states the slaves are from. Many states have multiple volumes (Parts). We will be reading from the Georgia set of books, Book #1 called Part 1.


1) Read the Narratives of the following people:
a) Rachel Adams - Age 78 - Athens Georgia
b) There are two Allens read Rev. W.B. Allen - Columbus, Ga - the second William Allan
c) Hannah Austin - Age 75-85 - Unknown

2) Exam
After reading the narratives, take an Exam on Classmarker. It opens Thursday February 20, 2014 and will close on Sunday February 23, 2014 at midnight.




It is Excel Time

Homework #1 is due Sunday February 23, 2014. It's about basic excel. 

Watch the 2 videos below and then download the Homework #1 assignment here. Go to your classmarker.com account, this weekend, log-in and answer the HW#1 questions. Your HW#1 grade will be based on your quiz answers.

Again, you should watch the videos below before you attempt the quiz. You will need the downloaded excel file to answer the questions in the quiz.

The quiz will be available on classmarker.com Thursday (2-20-14) noon until Sunday midnight (2-23-14).

There are two sets of videos. Choose the set based on the computer you have, Windows, Mac.



WINDOWS

Excel Video #1


Excel Video #2

12 comments:

  1. Is anyone else having problems with excel from mac. I am finding it near impossible to figure out how to complete the homework, even after watching the videos over and over. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess Im the only, I take the "L" for this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did to search youtube,com and/or google.com for help. There maybe additional articles and videos on this subject using macs.

      Delete
  3. Im glad to have tackled the basics of excel it is quite essential considering the professions we plan on pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This helps so much. I was trying to do an excel project last week and these tips would've helped so much. This will also be useful for me during my internship next summer. Excel in the corporate world is essential. I need to tackle macros soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is helpful, I agree with Cameron that these skills are vital to surviving in the business atmosphere. Repetition is the key with this stuff though because time will be limited on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excel is a very important tool in the business word. I have met several people that are Certified in Excel. After watching the Excel videos, I believe I may eventually go through the certification program. I now realize that Excel is a very efficient tool, but only if you know how to use it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that we are learning more concepts in Excel, because it seems that more recruiters are suggesting that it is Morehouse applicant's weak point. After attending many information sessions I know how to hone my skills in the interview and prove that we are constantly improving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited to learn about excel in this class. I know that it will be a crucial factor for my overall success in corporate America, so it will be to my advantage to get a head start through the homework assignments. By the end of this course, I hope to have a steady foundation with my excel techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excel will be used quite a bit in the business world, so I am glad to see that we are learning something that correlates to our futures. I personally look forward to learning something new about excel I was not previously aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to learn about excel in this class and be able to apply it to my career. I wish that I actually knew about this kind of thing this past summer while I was working so that I could have made an extra $6 an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This assignment was a great introduction into the use of Microsoft Excel. I have worked a couple of summer internships, so I know firsthand the importance that Excel carries in the workplace. This homework assignment helped teach me how to correctly input different functions and calculations. The youtube videos also made the assignment a lot easier. I am looking forward to doing more work with excel in this class.

    ReplyDelete